Saturday, April 9, 2016




Hello all, this week I wanted to share with you some of the background paintings used in my favorite movie, Kiki's Delivery Service. This movie was a Studio Ghibli film made back in 1989, directed by Hayao Miyazaki. I decided to dedicate my blog post to this not only because it has personal meaning to me, but also because the art for it is simply breath taking, just look at it!! Something that I really love about animation is that studios will often merge traditional mediums with the animation. These backgrounds are hand painted, and I think that it really gives the films their own individual atmosphere and tone, especially when mixed with the beautiful soundtracks composed by Joe Hisaishi. 
I'll just drop this song here as a bonus to my ridiculously long post... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJbkkibYA54
If you ever want to relax, I highly recommend listening to some of his music!!

No comments:

Post a Comment