Thursday, November 6, 2014

Adobe Shape CC




Hi guys! So recently I happened upon this app in the app store. What it does is creates vector shapes from pictures you take on your iphone/ipad. I'm not sure if this app is available in any other app stores, but it's in the apple app store. It's free and pretty easy to use. The pictures above are screenshots of me messing around with it, on the left is what it looks like when you use your camera to take a picture (which you then turn into a vector shape). The green outlines are what will become the lines that make up the shape. You can mess with settings to change how detailed it is, and you can refine the shapes after you take the photo. You can also use photos from your camera roll instead of taking pictures live. The picture on the right is of a finished shape vector of a dollar bill. Since I'm only in DMA 1 and I haven't used Illustrator yet, I'm not sure exactly what all this means or how it works, but I thought it was pretty cool anyway. I think it'd be pretty useful when you want to transform drawings done on paper into digital art.


No comments:

Post a Comment