Monday, May 16, 2016

Last Post


Since this is my last post ever it's only fitting I do it a day late and at the last minute.
DMA has been my favorite class since freshman year and Shields and Barnes have been my favorite teachers. Without them I wouldn't be going to college for something I'm passionate about (real talk: I probably wouldn't even be going to college.) I can't thank them enough for all the time and advice they've given me over the last 4 years. And to my DMA class: you pale pasty awkward art kids have been the most fun class of weirdos I could have asked for and some my best moments of high school are with you guys. Now some wise words for future DMA kids. Number one; when being arrested while watching house hunters, always remember to hit record. Number two; always make the best of a situation: example, when I was in prison for a day, did I just sit in my cell the entire time? NO--I went out there and challenged those delinquents to a game of Yahtzee and made some life long friends. Number three; this is the most important, when skipping school with DMA kids, always make it a memorable day. For example, go downtown and get kicked out of a sex toy store for forgetting your ID and then go to the art museum and touch the Van Gogh painting when no one's looking.
And now I say goodbye. I loathed almost everything about Kings High School (did I mention they sent me to prison) but DMA made it bearable so thanks for that. Next year I'll be attending the School of Visual Arts in New York City where I’ll be majoring in design, and I expect all of the 2016 AP DMA class to come visit me. No matter how far we move away from each other never forget YAHTZEE!!!!  
http://bruddy55.wix.com/brendan-ruddy         

No comments:

Post a Comment