Monday, May 16, 2016

Peace out fam


So, it's my last blog post. I just want to take this post to thank everyone who helped me out through my DMA struggles, and to give some advice to the upcoming AP DMA kids.
I wanna thanks both Shields and Barnes for dealing with my craziness for the past 4 years, I know I've been a handful, so thank you guys for putting up with me. And thanks to my AP DMA fam for being the best class I could have wished for. You guys are some of my best friends and even though we're all going to different schools, I'll be sure to stalk you guys on social media and text you nonstop.
Here's some advice to the new AP DMAers-- Shields is always right. Even if she tells you something you don't want to hear, or if she critiques your favorite project, in the end her vision is seldom wrong. Don't take it personally, she's just improving you as an artist. The class is hard, the workload is intense, but it's the best class I've ever taken. It's more fun than DMA 1 because you get to really explore your strengths and passions. Don't give up halfway through the year- keep trying hard on everything you do even if you don't feel like it. Also, don't get too attached to your first Concentration idea, because you're probably going to change it a billion times before you settle on one idea. It's a process.
I'm going to be attending the University of Cincinnati, College of Design, Art, Architecture and Planning (DAAP) for Communication Design this fall. This class really helped me decide what to do after high school and I'm so excited to do digital art for the rest of my life.
Also, Check out my sick website!! http://abbeyketterer.wix.com/portfolio
Idk who is even gonna read this but oh well!!
Byeeeeeeeeee
----Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment